Sunday 1 April 2012

Kaimai Porter's Rye Ale

Brace yourselves, for this is a momentous day.


A momentous day, I say, and it's NZ that have finally done it.

When I rate beers, I generally consider a score of 1.0 to represent widely available macro lager (insert VB or whatever your local rubbish may be here). This is far and away worse. This makes me pine for a Tooheys Extra Dry like a gently frying prisoner pines for the sweet release of death.

I'm not sure which of 'Porter' 'Rye' or indeed 'Ale' this beer even is but it's a horrid sour metallic effort with no redeeming benefit. It's hard to imagine how this even came into being? But it's clearly not a dud / skunked bottle either .. what were they thinking?

The only value I can see for this beer is taking it to parties, to either a) drink a sip and fire yourself up to take advantage (?) of freely available crap lagers, or b) share with others to "demonstrate that weird beer you always drink" and in so doing make sure no bastard ever touches your weird beers in the esky.

As such it receives the very first 0.0. Congratulations.

No comments:

Post a Comment