Monday 13 February 2012

Mountain Goat Rare Breed Double Hightail

Mountain goat, purveyors of very respectable brews in steam and hightail format, and now we have a rare breed single batch effort in a 750ml bottle. Exciting.


Slight malt nose on this as it opens up. It's pretty dark but transparent. Laced white head. The taste is pretty gentle actually but lovely. Malt driven flavours, slight caramel. Had to slow down before I accidentally the whole bottle.

The alcohol at 7.2% becomes more pronounced with the caramel as this warms. I think it's a bit better at the higher temperature.

Feel like I need to retry the standard hightail ale now - a drop I remember very much enjoying - to see if this is worth the extra $. It's lovely this but does it justify the effort and dosh? 7.5 I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment