Wednesday 22 February 2012

Knappstein Enterprise Brewery Reserve Lager

Having destroyed Squires for its miserable plunder we needed to resort to bottled beer to wash the mouth out.


Knappstein's been around at least a couple years now and I've been impressed with it from day 1. On the flip side, I'm drinking far better quality beer more often now (ask my wallet) and so I wondered vaguely if this would continue to stack up.

Pleasingly, it does. The dominant flavours are spicy passionfruit hops, with a backing vanilla undertone. It's easy drinking and tasty, plus 5.6% to boot. What's not to love? Hopefully this winery-and-now-brewery are working on more projects now given the deserved success of this drop.

I'm still shocked this counts as a 'lager' - don't see how a lager is going to beat this in its field on current evidence? Can only wait expectantly and see. 8.0

No comments:

Post a Comment