Monday 23 July 2012

Birra del Borgo Enkir

Back, with some trepidation, to the oft-hyped but hitherto flaky Birra del Borgo.


This one is a saison and came with the promise of interesting farmhouse characters.It arrived with a pretty solid but oddly orange body, and a minimal but not absent head.

Aroma-wise there's not a lot going on here. I gave this a good long whiff on a couple of occasions only to reveal nothing but a lingering feeling I looked odd to the people sitting next to me.

To be honest I felt the same about the taste. It's not particularly sour, not particularly powerful, not much citrus, and minimal spice or yeast. All this, plus a a side note of boiled vegetables I'm not sure I like. I matched this one with some Italian Arancini hoping for the flavour equivalent of Mario and Luigi and in theory, all went well. It's just that this Mario doesn't really go on adventures as such, and is content instead to relinquish Peach to the inevitable nightly ravishes of that ribbed dark lord Bowser.

There are definitely better things I could have chosen. 3.0

No comments:

Post a Comment