Saturday 10 March 2012

William's Organic Pale Ale

William and I have jousted at various bottleshops for some time now but he finally got the better of me in Melbourne.

Old fashioned bottle. But what does 'organic' mean?

Initial bottle smell is agreeably malty. I expected it to pour quite dark but instead it's very very light indeed. Head dissipates disappointingly.

Taste wise I get green apple more than anything, it's quite unique. Little bit of citrus too, edge of something like white wine? Pretty refreshing.

This is very much an Australian Pale Ale in the mould of Coopers and resembles that more than anything. Efforts to compare it to American / English style examples will fall flat.

I enjoyed this quite a lot. Would be interested to see if it's a session beer also; may rise slightly if so. 7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment