Saturday 10 March 2012

McCashin Family Brewery Stoke Dark

I wasn't looking forward to this for some reason.



I think mostly because I couldn't tell in the bottle-o whether this was supposed to be a porter or a dark ale of some description, and I'm still a little lost now.

It's closer to the porter overall in terms of taste characteristics but there's a big caramel, heavy amber ale sort of quality there too. The way it sits there cola coloured in the glass is a bit sweet heavy and malevolent too particularly given it's just the 4.5%. Apparently it's tank conditioned for a few weeks to give it a honey like quality. That explains things a bit?

I quite like this on the whole, it's a bit different. It's not a raging success but I'd still recommend to try once. 7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment