Friday 27 January 2012

Brasserie du Mont Blanc - La Rousse (Pale Ale)

As it's Australia day here in France, I felt it necessary to have a top drop on hand and I don't think I could do any better than the World Beer Awards gold medal winner for world's best amber pale ale.

There is a beautifully clean and malty aroma on first. Holds a good head that fades pretty fast. As I commented on BMB's La Blonde, this beer also stays well carbonated. I think I enjoyed this beer over 30 minutes and was seeing plenty of bubbles form well into 20 minutes.

Tastewise, sweet caramel and light coffee flavours stuck out most to me. Thanks to the Mont Blanc water, this beer again tastes unbelievably clean and fresh. Good water makes such a big difference.

I've been wondering what a good pale ale is supposed to taste like for some time now ad I believe this just became my yard stick. Worthy of it's award.

No comments:

Post a Comment