Friday 1 June 2012

Deschutes Twilight Summer Ale

Nice artwork on this one, and a really clear if headless pour too.

It's orange more than anything in fact. Smells quite nice too and backs it up with a sweet orange start.. but then suddenly I'm confronted with a bit of bog macro that's put me in mind of dirty laundry water to be honest.

Outside of that it's a relatively long and interesting development for a summer ale. Mouthfeel is good, clearly ale not lager and mid to low aeration but feels sessionable. Flavours develop a mild bite from the amarillo hops, into a sweet middle, and a powdery orange finish. Reminds me vaguely of Little Creatures' Bright Ale.

It's been a while since I've had a beer this divisive .. I love aspects of it but found it really hard going at times too.. think it needs another try. Preferably from a can, at a picnic, on the grass, in the sun.. 6.0

No comments:

Post a Comment