Monday 11 June 2012

Birra del Borgo InBraNata

This.. was a belgian ale?

Really after drinking it I had no idea. Of the style, that is - the fact it's bad was pretty evident from the start. Why, you ask? Well, it's a lot of little things. The slightly odd, swampy yellow colour. The odour of fear and loathing that emanates from its unholy surface. The spiky aerated finish that nevertheless almost comes as a relief as it distracts you from the oddly rhubarb like taste and insipid malt.

This is the sort of beer that makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong. It tastes like a bad brew, but I'm sure the bottle itself wasn't spoiled.

On the other hand, it's refreshing to have a beer that is quite clearly terrible for a change.. gives me more confidence in my ability to put together drinkable homebrew for a start. Now no more please. Horrid. 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment