Friday 11 May 2012

Moon Dog Melon Gibson

Well this was a bit of a surprise.

Fresh from the berserk triumph that was their brown ale I came into this one fully expecting a crazed approach to melon beer. Instead .. well the aroma is reasonably tame wheat beer territory, with just a hint of melon on the end. OK, said I, it's a hidden watermelon dagger they be wielding, surely the taste will be Cucurbitaceariffic.

This too however is pretty damn tame, pretty much a relatively plain seeming wheat beer through and through. There are vague hints of melon around the edges, yes - but I feel like I would have preferred them to make a less drinkable beer that was some sort of a statement, rather than this halfway there effort. As it is, this is neither progressive gimmick nor taste sensation, and I can't much see the point. 4.0

No comments:

Post a Comment